If you’ve always wished for fuller, softer lips - then this may be the answer you’ve been looking for 👄… https://t.co/tLgxeMYLIN
Facial thread lifts
PDO thread lifting
Attended the (PDO) polydioxanone training. The popularity of facial thread lifting is growing. In the aesthetic industry there are several types of facial threads that can be used. At Face Perfect Clinic we use the PDO threads. This is because of the long safety record that they have and also as they give excellent results. PDO threads have minor side effects and a very low incidence of complications.
As we age there are many changes with the skin such as:
- Reduced elasticity of the skin,
- Reduced fragmentation and a decrease of elastic fibers results in face shape change
- Decrease of fibroblast numbers
- Decrease of blood vessel numbers
- Redistribution of facial subcutaneous fat, in some areas there is a decrease and other areas there is an increase.
There are 3 Different types of PDO threads:
- Monofilament plain
- Monofilament screw/spiral
- Cog threads
The insertions of threads creates - lipolysis, skin tightening, skin rejuvenation, increase volume, and smoothes wrinkles
The monofilament and screw threads can be used in areas such as, the jaw line, marionette line, and nasolabial folds etc. This helps to reduce the lines and folds and create a tightening of the skin.
Cog threads are covered in tiny barb-like bristles. They are placed more deeply into the skin than are the monofilaments and screws. These are used to give more of a ‘lift’ and to stimulate more collagenesis.