What are Dermal Fillers?
At Face Perfect Leeds I use a product called Juvedérm which is an injection gel. This is a dermal filler that I inject under the skin to smooth and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Juvederm dermal fillers erase moderate facial lines, those around the lips and corners of the eyes and those very close to the surface of the skin, they smooth wrinkles between the nose and corner of the mouth work on the most noticeable folds and lines, and improves the contour of the face.
Juvedérm dermal fillers are made of Hyaluronic acid which is a substance that occurs naturally in your body to provide your skin with elasticity, but with age the levels of Hylauronic acid reduce.
The Juvéderm ULTRA range of products is a new generation of HA fillers from ALLERGAN, a world leader in surgical and non-surgical aesthetic products. They use a specially formulated type of HA that exists naturally in your skin. It's a natural, biodegradable gel that flows easily and smoothly into your skin, instantly filling out those troublesome facial lines leaving a smooth and natural look and feel. And, with its added anesthetic, you'll have the most comfortable treatment experience possible.
Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally occurring substance found in the body that helps to hydrate and add volume to our skin. Natural HA is broken down by the body in one or two days so is constantly replaced—as we age this replacement mechanism diminishes so the moisturising and plumping effects of hyaluronic acid decrease. Hyaluronic acid is used for aesthetic treatments, and has been used by doctors for injection into arthritic joints to aid movement as well as eye surgery.
The Benefits of Dermal Fillers
Dermal Fillers contain a naturally occurring substance which is safe and effective and is used for the treatment of lines and wrinkles. It is most commonly used around the mouth and is therefore perfect for:
- Smokers Lines
- Nasolabial lines
- Marionette lines
- Peri-oral lines
- Lip Augmentation
Treatment procedure with Juvederm Dermal Fillers
- The Aesthetic Practitioner, Keely McBride will take a detailed personal, and medical history to identify any contraindications for treatment with juvederm dermal fillers.
- A full explanation will be volunteered, including the procedure, the product, and potential side effects and complications.
- The practitioner will thoroughly cleanse the skin to prevent any infections that can occur.
- Sometimes a local anaesthetic cream can be applied to the skin to make the procedure more comfortable.
- The practitioner will then inject the juvederm dermal filler under the wrinkle, using a linear or puncture approach to reduce the appearance of lines.
- The client is provided with written and verbal after care advice and a review appointment is arranged for 2 weeks following the treatment.
Are there any side effects of Juvederm Dermal Fillers?
You can experience some bruising, redness, swelling or pain over the injection sites. Complications are rare but can develop, therefore it is imperative that you are treated by an experienced practitioner who is medically trained. I (Keely McBride) have over 20 years of experience in Nursing and are a fully qualified Aesthetic Practitioner and Independent Prescriber.
Juvederm Dermal Fillers cost £220 - £350
Tags: Dermal Fillers